Thursday, November 12, 2009

6D Tree


In the beginning of the year, 6D adopted a tree outside of our classroom. I think it is a maple tree, with beautifully lush green leaves in the summer, and a variety of colored leaves in the fall. In the early months of September, we brought crayons and pencils outside to color a picture of our tree for our journals. Most recently, I wanted to repeat this step to make note of any changes that have occurred with the tree since our last visit.
Behold the power of technology! It has been raining here for the past few days and drawing a picture of our tree outdoors would have been next to impossible. So...I gathered 6D and we walked outside to the tree for a great photo opportunity. I also took several photographs of the tree for later. Inside we went, where I was able to upload the tree photos. I quickly hooked them up to the smartboard, where we colored a picture of this tree indoors! The students were able to add as many details as before, while staying dry.


No comments: