Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holiday Celebrations and Winter Break!


6D celebrated the beginning of winter and Christmas vacation last month with an afternoon party. They made gingerbread houses! Delicious ingredients used included pretzels, Fruit Loops cereal, mints, icing, and lots of candy. The students had a marvelous time!




On Friday 6D sang holiday music at a lower school sing-a-long in the auditorium.

We then returned to the classroom to open up a present from yours truly- can you guess what was inside?

All students and teachers then retreated home or traveled away for a relaxing break with family and friends! Some highlights of my break included:
opening up holiday "crackers" and make-believing we were kings and queens (it's a Hanley Family Christmas tradition)


spending time with my husband's family on the 26th

viewing a lights display on a quick jaunt to Ocean City



spending time with a good friend

and enjoying my goodies from 6D!

Thank you for making my holiday so wonderful! I am well-rested and excited to be back with my students. Happy New Year!

No comments: