Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July Traveling Adventure

Dear Calvert,
Guess where I am?


My husband and I are here for a long fourth of July weekend vacation. Here's the funny thing- we flew Southwest and guess who we just happened to be sitting next to?! A current Calvert student and her family! I KNOW! Small world.
We arrived yesterday and are staying at Hotel Allegro located in the loop. We are located near the infamous Chicago Theatre, built in 1921. This theatre began as a Balaban and Katz movie palace with a stunning Baroque interior. The 3,600 seat auditorium features crystal chandeliers, bronze light fixtures, and murals on the wall and ceiling. The eye-catching marquee has been called the city's unofficial emblem.
Last night we went to a jazz show at Andy's Jazz club- it was a great time!



I am excited for today's adventures and promise to keep you posted.
I'd love to hear about your Fourth of July weekends!

No comments: