Wednesday, March 3, 2010

At the Table


In reading we have been reviewing the short vowel sounds in a fun activity at the beginning of class called "At the Table". The students arrive to class and stand around the table in front of their chairs.
When I say "at the table", they sit at the table and say the short /a/ sound aloud.
When I say "edge of the table", they sit on the edge of the table and say the short /e/ sound.
When I say "in the table", they scoot their chairs inside of the table and say the short /i/ sound.
When I say "on the table", they sit on the table and say the short /o/ sound.
When I say "under the table", they sit under the table and say the short /u/ sound.
The students love this quick game and it helps them refresh the vowel sounds in the morning when class begins. Ask your child at home if they can review these sounds by playing this game!

No comments: